First, analyze your perceptions of the “Who Do We Hire?” conflict using TRIP. Be sure to answer the following questions in your analysis:
- What is the Topic?
- Relational concerns?
- Identity and Procedural issues?
- What are the dominant TRIP elements in this conflict?
Next, diagram the overlapping TRIP goals (p.90-93) for this conflict.
- Keep in mind that you may use more than one diagram to illustrate this conflict. For example, you may illustrate each party’s perspective of the conflict, like the example of the professor and the student (Figures 3.3 and 3.4). These examples illustrate that for each party, the paramount interests probably differ from those of another person in the same situation.
- Be sure to properly label your diagram (s). These diagrams can be easily created using options in WORD.
Last, analyze your perceptions of the conflict using RICE. Be sure to answer the following questions in your analysis:
- What roles do fear, threats, revenge, and physical aggression play throughout the conflict, if any?
- Who do you think has the most power? Explain.
- What sources (RICE) of power does each party have?
- What high/low power moves do you see in the conflict?